Tuesday, November 24, 2015

Journal 8

Journal 8 : final project preliminary proposal DUE 11/24 by 9am
(in preparation for one-on-one consultations with me, times TBA)

Describe in detail: What sounds (and images) you will use, how you will get them, how you will alter and compose them, and with what effect in mind.  What do you want to express or explore in this project?

----

For my final project, I don't want to include images because I want to focus solely on the sounds I use. At the moment, I am thinking of combining both recorded sounds and ready-made sounds online to get a variety of sounds. To alter and compose them, I am interested in playing with each sound's unique beat, tone, pitch, etc. and play with the musique concrete idea. I don't feel like I really explored the possibilities of musique concrete last time, and I really enjoyed others' projects that really sounded like music and had a beat and rhythm to them. For now, I want to explore the unique sounds of objects to make a musique concrete piece. Possibly mixing lighter sounds like bells and chimes, with the drones of machines. For now, I'm not sure if I want to make that symbolize anything, or if I just want to purely explore their sound qualities. 

No comments:

Post a Comment