Tuesday, January 12, 2016

TCS122 Journal 1

PROMPT:
What I asked was: 
What music do you listen to, its relation to electronic music?  Your relation to electronic music?  Your musical (and other relevant) contexts?  Your goals for this class?

You could also answer the following in addition/instead: 
1) general self-intro (Who are you?  Where are you from?  What are the important things I should know about you?)  2) musical/sonic experience (What do you listen to?  What do you play?  Informal and classroom experience with electronic and acoustic music?)  3)  musical/sonic future (Why are you taking this class?  What do you hope you will learn or be able to do by spring break?  Further in the future?)


RESPONSE:
I am Isabel, originally from the historically complex island of the Philippines, raised in the Bay Area, from the Departments of Design and TCS, and am greatly involved with the Pilipinx American community on campus. There are several important facets to me, but I'll just share the most relevant features related to this class of experimental and electronic music. With my limited to nonexistent experience with electronic music, I am more focused on exploring the potentials of what electronic music can do. I have never played with such electronic devices to create experimental music, so everything is somewhat overwhelming and daunting because I am diving into this class blind. A lot of doubts and hesitations on my capabilities in this class, but I know I need to let go of that and remember I'm here to learn on my own pace and just improve from my past self. I am extremely excited on what new profound experiences I will take from this class, but right now, I'm not sure of what is expected of me. Seeing examples has always been a huge help, so I suppose just seeing more performances or tutorials of what is expected would be great. 

No comments:

Post a Comment